Friday, July 4, 2008

Siblings



I backed the car down Dana Place to load up after a long day on the beach. We put the kids in- first Zoe, then Julian. Zoe protested "no baby no". She did not want her innocently sleeping brother to come home with us, AGAIN. Then, after he was strapped in, I caught Zoe tipping the arm of the carrier, trying to eject her brother from the car. I gave her the "we LOVE julian, we want him to be with us! Don't try to push him out of the car". I went at it hard, trying to make her feel bad about wanting to get rid of him. I went back to loading the trunk with beach chairs and sandy towels. A woman who had walked by looked into the car. "Oh how cute!! Your children are so cute. She really loves the baby doesn't she?"
Who? I wondered...
She told me that I should grab my camera and take pictures of how cute Zoe was, holding her brother's hand.
If only she had seen Zoe trying to launch Julian onto the pavement minutes before...

No comments: